MEDIA CONTACTBrittni Sytsma
(360) 733-5608 * 104 | firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWS FROM BRENTHAVEN
Recent Press Releases
Brenthaven Cases for Chromebook
BX2 Pro Camera Collection
Upcoming Speakers for Brenthaven’s Entrepreneur Unplugged Series
Collins Indigo Chambray Collection
Brenthaven/ Boda Partnership
BX2 Sleeve Collection
Brenthaven's Latest Launch
MR - Brenthaven Broadmore Collection
Wall Street Journal Recommends Brenthaven's Collins Tech Pack
RECENT MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
The Brenthaven Broadmore Backpack is Optimized for Travel
3. 3. 2014 - I received a Brenthaven Broadmore BackPack last week to review and it has easily become my primary bag. Packed to the brim, it’s proving every bit a worthy successor to my original Brenthaven Messenger. I was impressed by the generous padding not only on the back but on the shoulder straps which are also spliced with Napa leather. The zippers are high quality and the two soft lined pockets serve for quick storage or immediate access to your iPhone / Android and sunglasses. I’m very happy with the bag. It holds exactly what I need and more. It’s stylish, well-built and I can see it being my last.
Travelers, Save Your Back with Elegant Brenthaven Broadmore Wheeled Case
2. 24. 2014 - Travelers, is one of your shoulders stooped and in pain, because you've been heaving heavy bags onto it? After a lengthy trips with a loaded up shoulder bag, carrying your laptop for dear life, you probably can't even stand up straight. But what if you could wheel around your case in ease and style? That would completely change your business travel and presentations! That's why I was so happy to be hosted to experience Brenthaven's Broadmore Wheeled Case.
Packing It In
1. 28. 2014 - A week ago, I called Brenthaven and explained the situation, figuring that 16+ years went well beyond the “lifetime guarantee” for a simple backpack, even one that had cost $100 at the time. My thinking was that they would offer a percentage off a new purchase, which was fine because I like — and obviously have gotten great use from — their product. Instead, the operator informed me that I could receive another backpack, equivalent to the one I had purchased. She also gave me three options for replacements. The only thing I was required to do was pay shipping.Today the new backpack arrived and my stuff was transferred seamlessly.
The Brenthaven Story
1. 10. 2014 - Brenthaven is an exceptional corporation. They design and manufacture premium cases for mobile technology used as briefcases, camera cases and iPad cases. They have become Apple’s carrying case of choice, so when you go to the nearest Apple store to pick up your new Mac they may well offer you a Brenthaven bag as the first recommendation.
The Indigo Chambray Collins Messenger Bag from Brenthaven
1. 8. 2014 - The Classic Collins collection gets a new edge with the Indigo Chambray color option featuring pinstriped lining and leather touch points. The messenger bag has been designed to hold laptops up to 15.4 inches and has a padded, custom fit tablet pocket. Your gear is kept safe with Brenthaven’s signature High Density Foam protection system.
In The Bag: Accessories For London Travel
1. 1. 2014 - As a fan of pairing products with similar design elements, the Brenthaven Collins iPad Mini Folio ($39) in indigo chambray matched perfectly with the Marley Liberate headphones and the rest of my color scheme. The case’s durability and horizontal stand option also won me over. It has a tuck tab for close when not using.
Brenthaven Customer Service Review
12. 19. 2013 - I’ve used a Brenthaven backpack for so long that I don’t even remember when I got mine. Certainly before the STM unit making it six or more years old. I remember I got mine via Apple and they cost around $100 to $150 at the time. It’s a black bag with LOTS of room in several pockets. It has GREAT shoulder straps and perfect zippers. It also has a nice padded insert for a 15 inch laptop. Really perfect for a computer user on the go.
Brenthaven: Serious Protection
12. 18. 2013 - Until you travel with electronic devices, you don’t realize how vulnerable they are to damage. The Brenthaven® company has been making wilderness packs for outdoor adventurers for over 30 years. Their product line includes an array of premium protective mobile technology cases designed to survive the rigors of everyday life or extreme conditions outdoors. The company now puts out camera bags in an array of styles and designs, from over-the-shoulder cases to high capacity backpacks and messenger bags that fit both laptops and DSLR cameras. With the added benefit of their new BX2 extreme foam protection cases for professional photographers and their gear, the same lifetime guarantee and high quality applies.
The BX2 Camera Collection from Brenthaven
12. 14. 2013 - Brenthaven designs the "most protective cases for mobile technology," including a conventional camera bag and backpack. In addition though, and this is what interested me, they have designed what they call the "BX2 Messenger," a shoulder bag with ample room for the largest laptop, a tablet, a DSLR camera body and a couple of lenses, and a couple of iPhones. All this without the bulk you might expect with such a load.
Holiday Gift Guide: Brenthaven Armor Case
12. 10. 2013 - If you’re into lightweight and low-profile, the Brenthaven Armor Case will protect your phone from impact without being obtrusive or heavy. The case is made of aircraft grade aluminum alloy and weighs .4 lbs. The Armor Case is lightweight, strong and very sleek– and also comes with Brenthaven’s lifetime guarantee.
Packing Like a Pro: The Broadmore Backpack
12. 9. 2013 - The luxury bag of choice among frequent travelers is the sleek, Brenthaven Broadmore backpack. In addition to its upscale look, this bag has a coveted X-Ray friendly, TSA-approved compartment, which is an added feature for those who must tote a laptop through security. When using this bag, you simply unzip the center and lay it flat on the conveyor belt. Smooth sailing–no more need to remove your laptop.
Countdown to Christmas: Brenthaven Gift Ideas for Him and Her
12. 7. 2013 - My love for Brenthaven started at a young age. I was 11 years old and just about to start school at Fairhaven Middle School in Bellingham, Washington. My mom took my sister and I to this great little store in Fairhaven that sold locally made backpacks. The company was named Brentley. My sister picked out a royal purple Brentley Softpack and I picked out an emerald green one. I still have that back pack. That’s how good the quality of Brentley/Brenthaven bags are.
Brenthaven Treks the iPad
11. 28. 2013 - Amidst the never-ending hype surrounding the iPad Air and the new iPad Mini, Brenthaven takes us back to the basics with the Trek Hardshell. The folio tablet case is designed to fit the iPad 2-4 and manages to combine simple style with superior functionality. The polyurethane exterior material keeps the tablet safe from bumps and bruises, while the soft faux-suede interior lining takes care of the scratches. The folio covers the device from all sides, but features special cut-outs for all ports and buttons.
Spacious and Functional - BX2 Convertible Shoulder Bag Review
11. 18. 2013 - This month, I've had the chance to review the Brenthaven BX2 Convertible Shoulder Bag. The midsized bag offers the perfect amount of space to carry my DSLR, standard lens, telephoto lens, battery pack, and charger. You can wear the bag in two different modes, as either a shoulder bag or wrapped around your waist for hands free mobility while shooting. The waist strap and hip pads stow away inside the bag when not in use.
New Indigo Chambray Collins Tote Review
11. 16. 2013 - While carrying the Collins Tote with my iPad inside, I accidentally dropped it on the ground. My iPad was not damaged because padded foam inside the bag wrapped it and prevented my iPad from ever touching the bottom of the case, which is what hit the ground when my bag fell. Also my contents including ink pens, a Pad folio and file folders were still in place and not scattered nor damaged. To test the strength of the two straps and the zipper, I loaded various contents inside the bag that weighed approximately 25 lbs. After zipping the bag, I violently swung it in a 360 degree angle for 60 seconds and the zipper did not unzip nor did the straps come loose or stretch. The Collins Tote is stylish, compact, durable and worth every penny of the $89.95 retail price.
Testing Out the Collins iPad Folio
11. 10. 2013 - I tested the scratch free device screens claim made by engaging in a tug of war contest between my neighbors small dogs with my iPad secured inside the Folio. After a few minutes of a saliva and growl filled intense tug of war battle with the small dogs, I reluctantly surrendered my iPad and let them have at it for 20 seconds or so. Once I took back my iPad I noticed that it still fit snug inside the Collins iPad Folio and that the screen was not scratched. Surprisingly there were no teeth marks or water damage anywhere on the case. As claimed, the soft surface and microfiber interior liners did keep my device screen clean and scratch free. The Collins iPad Folio exceeded my expectations.
Review: Exo iPhone 5/5s Case
11. 8. 2013 - Brenhaven promises the BX2 Protection system which incorporates unique high performance foam that offers an extremely high degree of shock absorption and energy dispersion, providing unparalleled drop and impact protection. To test this claim of shock absorption, I dropped my iPhone a total of six times from heights of three and six feet. After six tests my iphone was not damaged or bruised externally nor internally. Amazingly the case was neither scratched nor scuffed. The Exo iPhone 5/5S Case definitely lives up to its hype.
Sleek, Hip Professional Cases: Brenthaven's Collins Collection
11. 2. 2013 - When you're a young executive or entrepreneur, you don't want cases for your work gear that look like you borrowed them from dad. You want a design that cradles your tablet or notebook, but that's lightweight and feels youthful. That's exactly where Brenthaven's new Collins Collection comes in handy! The new exterior is an indigo chambray, so on-trend with this Fall's blue-on-blue denim. There are dedicated pockets inside for cell phones, etc., so there's a nice amount of organization that comes with the streamlined vertical messenger bag. The interior is pinstriped, for even more fashion touches. This is a totally unisex bag, everyone can use it.
Praise for the Broadmore Backpack
10. 30. 2013 - It’s hard to imagine calling a backpack “handsome” but this one is so elegant that a traveler can feel comfortable taking it anywhere. The Broadmore by Brenthaven is durable in design, style and texture. Made of ballistic nylon with a soft Napa leather trim and chrome hardware, it has a pinstripe quilted lining and enough interior and outside pockets to stay organized throughout your trip.
The iPad Mini Receives its Very Own Collins Folio from Brenthaven
10. 28. 2013 - Brenthaven pulls the same trick for the iPad Mini as it did for its big brother. The Collins folio tablet case is now made to fit the iPad Mini and the Mini with Retina Display. The same highly durable denim fabric material offers great impact protection and its looks are suitable for both the office and casual outings. The sturdy PVC-free trim materials ensure the case will live longer, and certainly outlast the device it was designed to protect.
Brenthaven Pacific Backpack
10. 28. 2013 - Although the full product name is the Brenthaven Pacific Backpack for MacBook, we figured it couldn’t hurt to review one, even though we didn’t have a MacBook on hand. We were interested in Brenthaven due to the combination of good design and outstanding warranty, along with their sustainability efforts. In a world where many companies can be shortsighted, and want to sell products with a limited lifecycle, Brenthaven seems to recognize that durability means added value for consumers, while at the same time reducing waste. Quite simply, a product designed to last twice as long as the competition means less potential landfill.
Give the Gift of Collins This Holiday Season
10. 23. 2013 - I really love all the details Brenthaven put into the design of this messenger bag. The leather touches make it look sharp and sophisticated. It also possesses one of my favorite features both in the holster camera bag and messenger bag, which is the High Density Foam protection. It is the perfect unisex laptop bag. With holidays around the corner, this would be an ideal gift idea for the tech-lover, new college student, or special someone in your life.
Praise for the Collins Messenger Bag
10. 18. 2013 - This bag is stylish on the outside and inside. The Indigo Chambray exterior is beautiful, but tough and durable. The left side has a velcro closure, while the right side has a wrap around magnetic tab to keep your case closed, even when it falls off the seat of your car during a sudden stop! When you look at it, you immediately think of young professionals in a large city, and you can join their ranks for $89.95 from Brenthaven, with the full Indigo Chambray available early November.
Brenthaven - The Ultimate in Form and Function
10. 15. 2013 - Collins is a true pairing of form and function. This collection with it’s oxford grey exterior and buttoned-up grey and white ticking striped interior, eliminates that awkward feeling of walking into a business meeting sporting a very collegiate backpack. This very dressed-up take on a backpack not only looks awesome, but is the ultimate in functionality.
The Perfect Holiday Gift
10. 15. 2013 - I see tons of people today, carrying around their ipads. It almost seems like they can't quite live without them and it makes me wonder why more people don't go the extra mile to protect them. Brenthaven is a reasonably priced company with an incredible selection of tech related items, including a collection of chic Trek Folios for the ipad minis.
The Best iPhone 5s Cases
10. 14.2013 - Sporting the company’s patented BX2 foam protection system, Brenthaven’s cases keep the iPhone safe and looking sophisticated with a clear design that exhibits the handset’s gold, gray, or silver finish. The kickstand only adds to its value, promoting hands-free viewing for mobile entertainment mongers.
Brenthaven BX2 Sleeve for MacBook
10. 7. 2013 - I was very impressed with the way my MacBook Pro fit in the sleeve. Granted, it is a nice tight fit, but why would you need space in a sleeve? The zipper closes securely with a good thumb sized pull. It definitely looks smaller on the outside, but has plenty of room on the inside. Looking at it in my hand, you would never guess there was 13 inches of Mac inside!
Of course, I was most taken by the thing I’d originally scoffed at – the Secure Grip handle. It really makes perfect sense, and allows you to carry your Mac safely and without concern. As I mentioned earlier, it’s a pleasure to be able to pick up your Mac with only one hand in one try – especially if you have small hands, or have any kind of problems with your grip.
Brenthaven makes beautiful products. They want you to be able to use their cases forever, and believe in sustainability.
Seize Your Quest for Adventure with the Kona Project II Messenger Bag
10. 4. 13 - The Kona lifestyle is rugged, adventurous and full of freedom. Brenthaven has created a bag for Kona to match that zest for life. Designed to carry you and your possessions through your journey, the collaboration of these two companies delivers the ultimate biking companion.
What's in My Bag: Brenthaven Collins Slim Brief
10. 2. 2013 - I rely on my Brenthaven Collins Slim Brief. It’s amazing how many things will fit into the main compartment! My Collins Slim Brief was thoroughly tested for comfort and ease of use by petite (5’2″), average (5’5″) and tall (6’7″) users. The adjustable strap is comfortable with a laptop on a two-mile walking commute and easily fits a large height range. Pockets and compartments also got raves all around for this very well designed bag. In my opinion the very best part of this bag is that it doesn’t sacrifice on style while remaining extremely practical. Fashion + function is where it’s at, whether for clothes, shoes or accessories.
Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus
9. 26. 2013 - Looking for a laptop bag with almost the same dimensions as a sleeve? Want something stylish, comfortable, and most importantly, sleek? Well the Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus bag might be your new best friend. Large enough to accommodate a 15.4 inch MacBook Pro and any number of smaller laptops, you might say that the Collins Sleeve Plus is the Mary Poppins of laptop bags. The initial impression is one of business casual, with its charcoal grey exterior trimmed in PVC and black cord finishes. The laptop pocket itself is made of high density foam to keep your laptop cushioned and the tablet pocket has additional cushioning as well.
Brenthaven BX2 Holster DSLR Camera Bag Review
9. 22. 2013 - What do you require from a DSLR camera bag? Comfort, weight and style are all key elements that we found with Brenthaven’s BX2 Holster DSLR camera bag. This bag offers full-on protection for your precious in all terrains, and the rugged design combines style with security.
It’s clear that Brenthaven has really thought through all elements of the bag, as every part is customizable – from the adjustable and removable shoulder strap, to smaller elements, such as loops on the bag which allow it to be clipped to a waist belt. The BX2 Xtreme Foam is what keeps the camera safe and secure, and we felt better knowing how cushioned our expensive DSLR is with it.
Brenthaven Triload Shoulder Case Review
9. 22. 2013 - Brenthaven’s Triload Shoulder Case is perfect for those who need room for more than just their notebook! This simplified case features a compartment especially for your notebook, while still allowing space for files, folders and newspapers. It features an ergonomic shoulder strap, a wheelie strap on the back which attaches to standard wheeled luggage, a back zip pocket, a dedicated AC adaptor pocket on the front panel and a felt line quick-access pocket for airline tickets and other important documents.
Brenthaven BX2 Sleeve Review
9. 18. 2013 - Brenthaven has put out some really impressive products recently, so when we heard it was releasing new MacBook sleeves, we knew they would be worth checking out. BX2 Sleeve ($50) and BX2 Sleeve Plus ($60), both come in black or white, and in 11”, 13”, and 15” versions. Three features set these sleeves apart from others: a handle that you can easily slide your hand through to hold the case securely, protective foam in the corners, and a soft bubble lining. The sleeves are made of faux leather, and each has a zipper across the top. Brenthaven continues to use the BX2 foam we first saw in one of its iPhone cases, here padding the sleeve’s four corners for extra drop protection. The only real difference between the regular and Plus versions is the extra pocket on the front of the latter.
Brenthaven BX2 Sleeve for 11″ MacBook Air Review
9. 11. 2013 - I like the Brenthaven BX2 Sleeve for my 11″ MacBook Air. It’s so form-fitted and sleek (with no exterior pockets) that it fits into the laptop compartment of my Jack Georges bag. It gives my Air the protection from scratching that the Jack Georges bag doesn’t, and it doesn’t take up a lot of room or add a lot of weight to the bag. The Secure-Grip Handle is great for giving me a secure grip when I want to just carry my laptop without taking along the bigger bag. The Air isn’t a lot bigger or heavier with the BX2 sleeve on, but it’s certainly easier to keep a secure grip on when it’s in the sleeve. The padded interior and extra padding in the corners makes the Air just a bit safer in case I do manage to drop it, too.
Brenthaven BX2 Holster Camera Bag Review
9. 11. 2013 - I recently purchased a Canon Rebel T3i DSLR Camera which I love! But I never wanted to take it anywhere since I didn’t have a camera bag to keep it in. Thankfully, Brenthaven solved my dilemma and I had the opportunity to receive their BX2 Holster DSLR Camera Bag. The holster bag is the perfect size for me since I don’t like big bulky bags. It is compact and holds everything I need. I can either carry it by the handle or attach the shoulder strap. The outside of the bag has a front pocket and side pocket for storage. On the inside of the bag, it has another pocket on the top for smaller items. I especially like how easy it is to get my camera out since the camera is stored with the lens facing down. There is also a divider in the bag for storing an extra lens. One of my favorite parts of the bag is that the bag is padded with Xtreme Foam for drop protection. I feel safe carrying my camera in the holster bag and actually store my camera in it too. The Brenthaven BX2 Holster is a great compact camera bag and I am glad to have one.
Creating Great Places to Work
9. 10. 2013 - When I bought my laptop bag about 12 years ago I was advised to spend the extra money and buy quality from a good company. Brenthaven was one of the recommendations. Fast forward to today and my well worn dependable bag was showing its age. Frankly it had served me well and I figured its time had come. Remembering the lifetime warranty though I thought, why not give it a shot, even though my receipt was long gone.
On their website I could upload photos and send them my claim, so I did. Seemed very user-friendly. To my surprise I received a swift reply. The bag appeared unrepairable, and they offered to replace it with one at the same price I purchased if I just paid shipping.
As luck would have it the bag that most suited my needs was in a different class, their elite Broadmore collection. They offered me a close second as a full replacement (still a generous offer). I called their retail store on the other side of the country to get more details about the different bags, which validated my preference. The story unfolded:
- Customer service graciously made an exception and allowed me to credit the price of the last bag to the one I preferred.
- On their website the bag was backordered a month, so I called back the retail store where the salesperson had been so helpful, to apply the credit there, as they had one in stock.
- The service manager couldn’t reconcile the code from customer service with her system to apply the credit. Rather than say no, she contacted corporate herself and found a way to make it work.
- By then it was too late on a Friday to catch the FedEX driver so my bag would go out Monday (hey, I waited this long!).
- That evening I got an email from the manager saying “have a great day!” with a tracking number: it went out that day.
Brenthaven BX2 Sleeve for MacBook Review
9. 1. 2013 - In true Brenthaven high-quality construction, every area of the BX2 Sleeve II – from the exterior stitching with silver thread and perfectly attached leather piping along the sides to the unique sleek bubble-wrap lining and logo’d zipper – shows the attention to high craftsmanship. The BX2 uses specially designed BX2 Xtreme Foam that absorbs shocks better than traditional dense foam.
The shape of the BX2 Sleeve isn’t rectangular. By stretching the bottom corners downward, the corners of an enclosed MacBook are not susceptible to the same level of impact from a corner drop as it would be in a traditional neoprene, rectangular sleeve.
As previously mentioned, the patent-pending Secure GripTM handle is at the bottom of this sleeve. How does it work? Not like a handle, really, given that handles are held in your hand, by curling you fingers around the handle and resting it in your fingers or palm. Instead, you grip not the handle, but the bottom of the sleeve and and your MacBook. Think of how you might carry a book at your side. The Secure GripTM handle the rests against the back of your hand to secure your grip not on the handle – but the sleeve. While it’s unusual, it’s supremely successful.
BX2 Convertible Shoulder Bag Review
8. 27. 2013 - Right up from the materials used, it would seem that the BX2 range is perhaps the perfect solution for transporting expensive and often fragile items on your bike – especially when you factor in vibrations from the road, lane or single track. So what’s so cool about this special material they use? Well, it is called BX2 Xtreme Foam. Translated from marketing speak, it is shock absorbing, energy dissipating super foam. I wasn’t so sure about these claims – so to test I put some eggs into sandwich bags, tied them off and secured them inside, expecting to be able to sieve the contents of the bags and make an omelette afterwords. From here, I abused it. Jumping up and down, bumping against walls, I even dropped it from a second storey window. After all of this abuse, there wasn’t a crack on the eggs to be seen. I ended up having to crack them myself to make lunch.
Even when the rain starts pouring, the BX2 has your gear covered. Even without the included waterproof cover, the bag is quite water resistant with sealed zips and a repellant finish on the fabric. The anti-abrasion waterproof bottom also gives peace of mind when putting it down on a muddy or wet surface. Likewise, it is also nice to be able to get the bottom of it a bit wet from wheel spray without worry.
Working Girl Chic: Brenthaven Giveaway!
8. 27. 2013 - I don't have a dress code of any kind in my profession. Blazers and knee length skirts are not a requirement on the daily but that doesn't mean I don't love them. I usually pair my blazers with denim and skirts with easy blouses but at my Fedali Photoshoot, I decided to highlight what I would wear if I had an office to report to. The standout? The amazing Brenthaven Collins Messenger Bag. Classic, timeless, impeccably made...what is not to love? I really love the unisex feel and although I picked it out for myself, my husband did ask if it was a gift for him! Ha! Nope....it is a gift for one of YOU! I know how hard it is to be a working woman and it's back to school time so I decided to gift this bag to one of you! Hope you find some outfit inspiration and GOOD LUCK!
Back to School Gift Guide: Brenthaven Bags
8. 18. 2013 - Shopping for the right bag is a lot harder than it sounds, but if you’ve never checked out Brenthaven’s huge line of backpacks, messenger bags, sleeves and cases, you could be missing out on finding exactly what you need. We recently sampled two of the company’s more popular styles – the Collins Sleeve Plus (a sleek and stylish notebook bag perfect for the bare essentials) and the ProStyle Slim Pack (a weather-resistant backpack that has plenty of room but isn’t bulky) – and were impressed by both. Brenthaven’s award-winning range of products not only boasts reliable protection for your expensive gear, but also comes with a 100% lifetime guarantee. Additionally, each bag is designed for specific needs. Some are geared toward everyday users, some for fashion-forward businessman, and even some for backpackers, but the one thing that they all have in common is the same indisputable quality, and at a surprisingly good price too. We’ve reviewed enough bags to know a great product when we see one, and Brenthaven is the real deal.
Brenthaven Has You Covered for Travel
8. 2. 2013 - The Collins Messenger Bag surpassed any expectations that I had. It was such a breath of fresh air to use something so lightweight, modern, sleek and ultra durable all at the same time. The design is simple and that’s the one thing that really stands out to me. I don’t need 30 different pockets! I just need something to help me stay organized and the Collins Messenger Bag fits the bill. In four days of traveling I was approached 3 separate times with individuals inquiring about the brand of bag I was carrying. If you use a messenger bag/briefcase you’ll understand. Seems like people are always looking for a better solution these days! I was pleased to share with them, and also recommend, the Brenthaven Collins Collection. Out with the old and in with the new!
Day to Night: On-the-Go and Packing Light
7. 31. 2013 - This Seattle summer has been pretty weird. The mornings are freezing cold (to the point where I wore a scarf out last weekend) and by noon the sun starts to peek out and I feel like a goof for walking around toting a scarf. I shouldn’t complain, though. Back in Toronto, summers are really hot and humid and there have been days I didn’t go outside for fear of melting in the sweltering heat.
I thought it would be fun to do a bit of a day to night look to show how I’ve been personally coping with the Seattle summer. These outfits were taken on a weekday where I was heading to happy hour after work with some friends. The goal was to carry as few pieces as possible in my Collins Messenger Bag while making the most of my day outfit.
7. 12. 2013 - We like to carry products that jive with our own mission statement, and a company like Brenthaven is right up our alley. For those of you who haven’t heard of the company, Brenthaven has been around since the 1980s, and they started by developing outdoor packs. That history speaks directly to the quality of their products found in production today. If it’s tough enough to take hiking through mountains, then I trust my everyday products not to not fail on me. Brenthaven has a triple bottom line like we do. First, they offer “Legendary Protection Systems.” Nothing is worse than dropping your portable devices and literally picking up the pieces afterward. Brenthaven offers bags and cases that help to protect your stuff from these types of incidents. Next, Brenthaven offers the “100% lifetime guarantee” on their products. With the rough and tumble day-to-day our lives can have, it’s nice having that peace of mind. The final piece, and the one I like the most, is their “Zero Impact” standard. They accomplish this in three ways: They make a product that will last a lifetime, they use environmentally friendly materials in their build process whenever possible, and when they can’t, they offset that with investments in green initiates.
10 Hottest Student Laptop Backpacks 2013
7. 11. 2013 - The Heather gray Collins Convertible Backpack oozes class, and is perfect for that graduate who is preparing to enter the real world. This leather-trimmed case features tuckaway straps that allow the bag to convert from backpack to tote easily. High-density foam pads protect both a 15.4-inch laptop and 10-inch tablet pocket, leaving plenty of space for files and accessories inside. Not only does Brenthaven include a lifetime guarantee, the company donates to nonprofits to offset any carbon footprint created in the manufacturing of a bag.
A Bag That No Photographer Can Do Without
7. 11. 2013 - A camera bag is an essential part of a photographer’s gear. A good one protects the investment of cameras and lenses and lets you go places you never even imagined! Brenthaven is an eco-friendly company that makes exceptional camera bags. This week, we award A Brenthaven camera bag that I was recently sent for review for serious hobbyists and pros, is the BX2 Convertible Shoulder Bag ($129). What makes this bag particularly interesting, is that it is just 2.2 lb. empty and appears light and easy to carry with modest dimensions. This standard type of photo shoulder bag does one better, as it converts also to a belt pack. This is an incredible plus, especially if you’re climbing, hiking, or doing other kinds of activities where you need your hands free. Then, this multi tasking protector, really rocks!
I Bought a New Camera and Brenthaven Camera Case Review and Giveaway
7. 1. 2013 - So with a new camera comes fun accessories, right? Enter Brenthaven: an award-winning company that designs the most protective cases for mobile technology, and then crafts the product so it will survive the rigors of an active digital lifestyle.I received the Brenthaven BX2 Holster Case for review, which retails on their site for $49.95. This compact shooting bag is lightweight and offers quick access to your camera and accessories. What makes the Brenthaven Holster Case stand out is the BX2 Xtreme Foam found at the bottom of the case.This thick foam absorbs 90% of the energy of impact and maintains the shape of the product so your valuables are not damaged. I love this feature! The inside of the case also has plenty of room for my camera and lens.
Top 8 Most Unusual iPhone 5 Cases
7. 1. 2013 - Most iPhone cases are made of an all-encompassing plastic or metal shell. Brenthaven thought outside the box, creating a case covering just the corners and back. The result was the Exo iPhone 5 Case, a unique, organic-looking, minimalist protective solution. The Exo places foam protection in the corners and against the main body, helping your iPhone survive minor bumps, even drops. The other very cool feature of this case is its "push release" stand that seems to mimic what scientists call "smart material." It pops out when needed, and returns to form, snug against the back of the case, when not in use. When deployed, it works in horizontal or vertical orientation. If you are environmentally conscious, you'll be interested to know this case is made from 50 percent post-industrial recycled plastic. The Exo iPhone 5 Case comes with a lifetime guarantee, looks great, offers good feel, and provides basic protection. The case complements the iPhone 5's beautiful design without hiding too much of it.
Monday Blue | Collins Slim Brief
6. 10. 2013 - Spring is all about the chambray shirt. Especially on Mondays, the low maintenance, lightweight material always looks on point without much effort. Even when it's a little wrinkled, you'll always look crisp and ready to kick off the week. Speaking of lightweight, a great find this season was this Collins Collection Brief by Brenthaven! This guy has a compartment for all your gadgets including space for your laptop, tons of folders or binders, and even some smaller pockets for keys and pens. This is the perfect briefcase that is not only practical but great for those looking to stay styled while heading to the office. Come on guys, you gotta complete your look from head to toe... don't skimp on one of the most noticeable pieces of your daily wardrobe. Of course, we can't go through spring without some great florals. This Topman tie is a standard this season and is the perfect print that isn't overly feminine or over priced. Your tie is a great way to experiment with print and color and push your own style boundaries, so get at it.
Brenthaven Collins iPad Folio for the Casual Mom
5. 22. 2013 -The Brenthaven Collins professional iPad folio has a sleek, slender look for both the conservative and modern woman. The gray smooth material is attractive enough to show your professionalism while being trendy in the process. The colors included a gray exterior cover while sporting white and blue striped designs for the interior. The black leather fitting holds the iPad perfectly and securely in place, but gives you enough viewing room without overlapping any parts of the window.
The folio may hold the iPad snug and fit, but I love the viewing handle conveniently located on the back side of the cover for easy gripping and the multiple viewing stand is also a convenience I could never go with out. Simply flip the cover over to the other side and lock it securely under the leather grip to give you hands free viewing. This works great for when you’re viewing recipes and cooking at the same time, or perhaps you prefer mobile streaming while working on your computer. The folio slender versatility is definitely worthy enough for home and office appeal without the bulkiness that other iPad cases provide.
Brenthaven Exo iPhone 5 Case Review
5. 15. 2013 -When you think about it the most important area of your iPhone 5, when it comes to protection, is probably the phone’s corners. In the event of a catastrophic drop the likelihood of your phone landing on a corner is high. Therefore, many protective cases could in fact be overkill when what you really need is something which simply safeguards the corners. I’ve started to see a few of this type of case pop up on the interwebs and was luckily enough to receive one from Brenthaven.
Brenthaven, who’s bags I’ve reviewed in the past, isn’t a company I immediately think of when it comes to iPhone cases. By using a special material called Bx2, the company wants to change that. I had a chance to see this space-aged protective substance in person and then had a chance to test it out inside the Exo iPhone 5 case. How did it perform?
Brenthaven BX2 Backpack will handle your complete collection of lenses
5. 13. 2013 -When you’ve invested heavily in a new camera, whether serious point-and-shoot or DSLR, the next thing you must do is invest in a suitable carrying case. Experience has proven, unprotected cameras sitting on a car seat will inevitably go crashing to the floor, the first time someone cuts you off in traffic. Having a really protective bag is your best insurance. Brenthaven bags offer great protection with their 100% lifetime guaranteed BX2 Extreme Foam protection that actually distributes the load upon impact. Reputedly the foam absorbs 90% of the energy of impact, while maintaining its shape for the life of the product.
Travel Style: Scott Armstrong
4. 15. 2013 - Scott Armstrong is a seasoned general manager with extensive experience leading specialty consumer products companies. In 2004, Scott started CKA Capital, a private equity firm seeking to invest in consumer products companies in the Pacific Northwest. This venture led to the acquisition of the Fairhaven Group Inc, dba Brenthaven (www.brenthaven.com). As the CEO and Owner of Brenthaven, Scott and his team have led the company to double-digit sales and profit growth.
Brenthaven BX2 Camera Backpack Review
3. 24. 2013 - This is a quick review of the Brenthaven BX2 camera backpack (Model #: 1703). The first thing I noticed after I picked up the BX2 was how light it was - with a weight of 2.8 lb I believe this is one of the lightest backpacks in this category (the similar sized Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250 AW for example weights 3.9 lb). Another unique feature of the Brenthaven camera backpack is the BX2 Extreme Protection: a special foam protection that absorbs 90% of the energy of impact while maintaining consistent shape and performance. If you register your new Brenthaven bag on their website, you will get 15% off your next purchase. Brenthaven products are also available on Amazon. Read also about the company's commitment to achieve Zero Impact on the environment.
Brenthaven Trek Folio for iPad Mini Review
3. 23. 2013 - I’ve used the Brenthaven Trek Folio on my iPad mini for a few weeks now. It has replaced the KHOMO Super Slim folio iPad Mini case as my favorite, because its surface texture makes it easier to get a good grip on the case. It’s attractive and sturdy without adding too much bulk, and I like that I can fold the front completely flat so that I don’t need two hands to hold the iPad Mini. As I said earlier, I’d prefer it without the stand functions, but that’s certainly not a deal breaker for me. I love the appearance, the textured exterior, and the fit of the Trek Folio. It has become my go-to case for my mini. It’s a winner!
Brenthaven Collins Messenger Bag
3. 11. 2013 - Clocking in at under $90, this stylish and urbane messenger bag from Brenthaven is a steal. With pockets fitting all sizes of laptops and separate compartments for smart phones and other accessories, this bag is perfect for those pounding the pavement in big cities. It begins with the look, and this bag has everything a hipster is looking for: sleek exterior, smooth texture and subtle brand markings. The grey bag is especially sexy for its color and style and is a popular choice once slung over the shoulder or across the chest. It appears more slender and contemporary than a briefcase while presenting a modern, yet professional, image.
Brenthaven Exo iPhone 5 Case
2. 22. 2013 - The Exo is a snap-on protective case that measures 3.8 x 5.78 x 0.63 inches, weights 0.1 lb, and designed for iPhone 5. As we can see from the images, the iPhone 5 case features minimalist sculptured form, and comes with BX2 Foam technology in four corners and main surface in order to protect your iPhone from bumps and scratches, and the rubberized surface offers you a comfortable and secure grip experience. Moreover, the iPhone 5 case also features an integrated iPhone stand that supports both portrait and landscape viewing modes, while its custom cutouts allow you access to all buttons and functions of your iPhone 5. Apart from that, the iPhone 5 case ships with a clear screen protector and custom fit.
Brenthaven Exo iPhone 5 Case Review
2. 16. 2013 -The BX2 foam is in the corners of the case where it grasps your iPhone. At first I was a little skeptical about something quite this minimal, but then realized that if you drop your phone, chances are it will land on the corner – this is why screens break, and not because they fell flat face down. Even though the sides are wide open, the corners will still “connect” with a surface first. And this is where the BX2 enters into the picture to protect your phone. Brenthaven has a nice little video showing how it works, which you can see here. BX2 is also used to cushion the back of your phone. It’s soft, and can in no way scratch the back of your phone. You can press against it with your nail or the tip of your finger to get a good feeling for the density of the foam. The EXO is ready to absorb impact.
Brenthaven Collins Tech Pack for iPad
2. 13. 2013 -Brenthaven has stepped up its game, recently debuting some of the nicest accessories we've seen from the company in quite some time. Among them is the Collins Tech Pack for iPad ($50), a really handsome vertical messenger bag that holds any generation of Apple's tablet. Slim and simple, it's a nice choice for someone who wants to carry his or her iPad around as a main computer, without the burden of a larger bag. We’re excited to see such a nice bag out of Brenthaven: for the $50 asking price, Collins Tech Pack is a great solution if the iPad is the center of your world, and you want to carry it around with a handful of other accessories or personal items. It’s not going to carry your entire life on your shoulder, nor is it made or priced to do so. We highly recommend it, and look forward to seeing what will follow it in the near future.
Brenthaven BX2 Protector Case for iPhone 5
2. 13. 2013 -BX2 Protector Case’s biggest differentiating feature is the stand. Anchored in the center of the foam circle, the bottom curls out when you press in right around the center; the concept is comparable to that of slap bracelets. You do have to press in just the right place to make it pop out, but you’ll very quickly get used to it. This isn’t the first time we’ve seen such stand technology in a case, but it’s implemented well, allowing your iPhone to be propped up in portrait or landscape orientation. We found it fun to play with, too; fidgeters will either love or hate it for that reason.
Brenthaven Collins Sleeve Plus
Store Your Laptop with the Brenthaven Collins Collection
ProStyle Hardshell Sleeve I- Review
Trek Folio Case for iPad Mini: Elegant Simplicity
Great Customer Service From Brenthaven
Tote It In Style
New Last Minute Gifts for Business Travelers
Holiday Gift Ideas For The Frequent Traveler
Kona Project 2 Backpack Review
The Right Case for an iPad
New Brenthaven the Collins Collection for Laptops, iPads, and Tablets.
Top 10 Microsoft Surface Cases
Kona Project 2 Messenger Bag Review
Review: Brenthaven ProStyle Courier Bag
Brenthaven BX2 Messenger Bag Review
Brenthaven BX2 Camera Backpack Review
Kona Project 2 Messenger Bag Review
New Brenthaven camera bags feature LED illumination, lifetime guarantee
Kona Project 2 Backpack Review
12 Fun and Fab things for Back to School
Brenthaven BX2 Camera Cases
Brenthaven PacificTM Backpack for MacBook Review
Brenthaven Slimpack Review
Kona Project 2 Messenger Bag Review
Item of the Day | Brenthaven
Tech to Take With You | King5 TV
Brenthaven ProStyle SlimPack
Brenthaven ProStyle Laptop Bag
Brenthaven ProStyle Courier for iPad
Brenthaven Kona Project 2 Messenger Bag
Kona introduces messenger bags perfect for active dads this Father's Day
Broadmore Large Brief
How to Protect Your Most Valuable Gadgets
Brenthaven Hardshell Folio for iPad
Brenthaven MacBook Bag Review- The Real Deal
Brenthaven Bionic Folio for iPad 2
5 TSA-Approved Laptop Bags that Aren't Ugly
Review: Brenthaven ProStyle Satchel for iPad
Brenthaven Armor for iPhone 4
Behold the Future Cool Bionic Case for iPad by Brenthaven
'Bionic' iPad 2 Case Made From Bottles
2011 Inc. 5000 - Brenthaven
Brenthaven Debuts New Bionic iPad 2 Case
iPad Bag of the Month! Brenthaven's ProStyle Satchel
Brenthaven ProStyle Leather iPad Sleeve
Brenthaven ProStyle Leather iPad Sleeve
iPad 2 Cases
Quick Take: Brenthaven ProStyle Sleeve for 11" MacBook Air
Brenthaven ProStyle SlimPack Laptop Bag Review
Brenthaven 15" ProStyle MacBook Sleeve Review
Brenthaven Ecco-prene III Notebook Sleeve
How Telecommuting Became Flex Fridays
WOW Likes: 5-in-1 iPad Case
Brenthaven 5-in-1 for iPad
Brenthaven Elite Sleeve II Review
Laptop Backpack by Brenthaven
Brenthaven ProStyle II-XF Shoulder Case
Keep gadgets scratch-free with a stylish cover
12 Best Gifts for iPad Owners
5-in-1 iPad Case
Enclave 5-in-1 iPad Case: A multifunctional and protective system for iPads
Brenthaven 5-in-1 is one Versatile iPad Case
Review: Brenthaven 5-in-1 iPad Case
Laptop Sleeves from Brenthaven
8.19.2010 -I’ve tried out a lot of different business bags and laptop backpacks (watch for a review of my current fave soon), but I find I’m still better off having my laptop in a sleeve as well when I travel. I’ve tested out two models from Brenthaven on recent trips and around town and can recommend both
Brenthaven ProStyle Slimpack Review
8.11.2010 -Have you ever dropped your laptop bag with your laptop in it? Ouch! If you are accident prone Brenthaven may have a bag or two to lighten the blow.
iPad Sleeve Finds a New Use for Old Billboards
6.15.2010 -Sure, there are plenty of iPad accessories trying to grab a piece of the market. But one thing that’s different about the Bill-Fold iPad Sleeve is the outer shell is made of 100 percent recycled billboard materials. That’s right, there is actually a use for old billboards.
Unexpectedly Awesome Customer Service from Brenthaven
4.27.2010 -I started shopping for other laptop cases, and mentioned my broken Brenthaven bag on Twitter. Minutes later, someone from Brenthaven contacted me and suggested I send the bag back to get a replacement. As it turns out, they have a lifetime guarantee on their products and this kind of problem is covered. (Take that, Tumi!) I hadn’t registered for it when I bought the bag, but that didn’t make a difference. I contacted their service department, got a return authorization number, and sent it in.
Brenthaven Bill-Fold iPad Sleeve Review
4.20.2010 -The Brenthaven Bill-Fold iPad Sleeve is one of the most unique cases out there for the iPad. It also is environmentally-friendly using all recycled materials. In addition the case is made in America and comes with a lifetime warranty. I recommend this to anyone who wants a one of kind case for their iPad.
Review: Brenthaven ProStyle BP-XF
4.12.2010 -If you over trail off into the internets looking for a bag for your notebook there are a few companies that you won’t ever hear bad things about, Brenthaven is one of those select few. When we first heard of Brenthaven it was in a flood of raves about the quality bags that the company makes and the lifetime warranty that they give all their users.
Switch iPad Satchel by Brenthaven
4.8.2010 -This small iPad messenger bag really sets itself apart from the rest of the oh-so-crowded crowd by offering an astonishing assortment of pockets and pouches, solid build quality, and impeccable attention to detail.
Brenthaven Bags the iPad
3.11.2010 -If you’re still looking for that perfect bag or case to protect your iPad investment, take a look at Brenthaven’s new iPad lineup. Brenthaven has been making high-quality laptop bags for years and they just announced their new lineup of sleeves, bags and cases that are all custom fit for the iPad.
Brenthaven Edge II Laptop Case Reviewed
3.3.2010 -When you depend on your laptop for business or pleasure, you will want to know that you have it protected when it is put away. You also want to make sure that you can grab it and go, convenience is very important. This is why you will want to make sure that you own a Brenthaven Edge II Laptop case.